Production Technician at Square Kilometre Array South Africa (SKA SA)
Permanent Intermediate position
Pinelands, Cape Town, Western Cape
Market Related salary
Job 2145546 | Ref 2671
Posted 14 Sep 2017
About the Position
SKA SA requires a Production Technician to join the Digital Back End team. The main purpose of this role is to produce MeerKAT Digitiser units by assembly and testing of PCBs, assembly and testing Digitiser modules and assembly and testing of integrated Digitiser units. The Production Technician will report to the Digitiser Manager.
Minimum education required:
- National Diploma in Electronic Engineering
Minimum work experience required:
- 3 years relevant experience with in a electronics and production environment
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Produce electronic units
- Assembly, testing and troubleshooting of electronic modules
- Integration and testing electronic units
- Perform quality inspections on workmanship
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- work independently as well as in a team environment
- be self-motivated
- formal ordering and purchasing of goods
- hands-on PCB assembly, repair and testing
- Linux operating system (advantageous)
- radio frequency and/or analogue-to-digital converter systems
- developing Test Jigs and test procedures
- Python scripting (advantageous)
About The Employer
SKA SA is currently designing and constructing the MeerKAT Radio Telescope in the Karoo Region of the Northern Cape Province. MeerKAT is a world-class radio telescope, and is designed to do ground breaking science. Via MeerKAT, South Africa is playing a leading role in the design and technology developments of the Square Kilometre Array Radio Telescope. In collaboration with South African industry and universities, and collaborating with leading global institutions, the South African team has developed innovative technologies in areas such as antenna engineering and signal processing hardware and algorithms.
As a business unit of the NRF, SKA SA is committed to employment equity and redress.
This is a permanent position
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time