Liaison Officer: GMSA (Support Desk) at National Research Foundation
Permanent Intermediate position
Market Related salary
Job 2206716 | Ref 2876
Posted 11 Apr 2018
About the Position
The National Research Foundation (NRF) supports and promotes research and human capital development through funding, the provision of National Research Facilities and science outreach platforms, including natural science, engineering, economic sciences, social sciences and humanities.
The Grants Management and Systems Administration (GMSA) Directorate is responsible for grant management, including all pre- and post-award activities, better known as the creation and payment of grants. The GMSA strategy, in line with that of the organization is to provide a demand-driven customer service with world-class grant management systems.
The GMSA directorate seeks a Liaison Officer within the Systems Administration and Support unit to work within the Support Desk Structure.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with stakeholders (internal and external) in a customer-centric manner
- Ensure working relationships with the Designated Authorities within the RISA beneficiaries
- Assist all stakeholders with queries in all RISA aspects but especially with the online systems such as the NRF Online Submission System and Phoenix
- Read and understand Funding documents
- Participate in the testing of online applications and progress reports
- Participate in the enhancement of systems and processes within RISA
- A post Matric or equivalent qualification
- Two years relevant experience with RISA funding calls
- Sound working experience with NRF Online Submission and Phoenix
- Grant making and administration experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy and proficiency
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to details
The NRF is committed to employment equity and redress. Correspondence will be conducted with the shortlisted candidates only.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- be discreet when dealing with client information
- communicate clearly and efficiently
- interact with people at all levels
- work under pressure & meet deadlines
- use MS Office Suite( Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- attending and taking minutes of meetings
- filing and general office administration
- internal co-ordination and liaison
- financial administration
- online application system
About The Employer
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time