Trainee Security Officer (18 Months) at National Research Foundation
Contract Junior EE position
Old Faure Road Somerset West, Western Cape
Market Related salary
Job 2250346 | Ref 3035
Posted 07 Sep 2018
About the Position
iThemba LABS is seeking to employ a Trainee Security Officer in support of the onsite security services.
- Grade 10
- P.S.i.R.A. grade "C" certification
- Good oral and written command of English
- Motor vehicle drivers licence B
Skills and attributes:
- Punctual and trustworthy
- Good communication skills
- Ability to serve client's needs
- Execute duties in support of achieving the team's goals
- Consults with supervisor/manager and takes decisions in full compliance with the policies, rules and regulations.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Access and egress control
- Inspection and facility patrols
- Emergency/Incident response and reporting
- Telephone switchboard control after-hours
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- work under pressure
- communicate verbally at all levels
- work independently as well as in a team
- carry out threat assessments on properties or companies
- check for irregularities on property
- check perimeter of property for obstacles or irregularities
- direct visitors to correct venue
- patrol areas
- pay close attention to surroundings
About The Employer
National Research Foundation
The National Research Foundation (NRF) supports and promotes research and human capital development through funding, the provision of National Research /Facilities and science outreach platforms and programmes to the broader community in all fields of science and technology, including science, engineering, social science and humanities.
The iThemba LABS Laboratories for Accelerator Based Sciences is a group of multidisciplinary research laboratories administered by the NRF. Based at the two sites in the Western Cape and Gauteng, these provide facilities for:
- Basic and applied research using particle beams.
- Particle radiotherapy for the treatment of cancer.
- The supply of accelerator-produced isotopes for nuclear medicine and research.
The NRF is committed to employment equity and redress. Correspondence will be conducted with the shortlisted candidates.
iThemba LABS reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time